The Office of International Affairs (OIA) was established in 2003 in order to respond to the rapid and fast growth of Izmir University of Economics (IUE) in international academic relations; to bring both IUE and ?zmir into an internationally prestigious place by collaborating with the distinguished institutions and organizations.
Office of International Affairs continues coordinating the implementation of the long-term goals indicated in the Strategic Plan of IUE with regard to internationalization. These goals are:
- to increase the international participation to the courses and programs offered by IUE,
- to expand the international delivery of IUE courses and programs,
- to develop the student exchange between IUE and universities abroad.
- to coordinate international application processes of incoming and outgoing students,
- to facilitate international scholarly and professional activities
- to promote cross-cultural awareness.
In the light of these goals, IUE creates new opportunities for all the beneficiaries by building up strong ties with distinguished universities abroad in terms of student and faculty exchange, joint research and scientific studies